About the author
10 superfluous facts, in no particular order, that you don’t need (but may just want) to know about Hannah Evans
1. I live in a world full of big and small boys. As lone Queen in a Kingdom of Kings, this makes me outnumbered, exhausted… but very happy.
2. I spend my time writing, running a business and running around. But if you can’t find me, check the loos. I’m often in there brandishing detergent and a brush.
3. We recently moved back to my childhood home in coastal North Devon. Mainly for the Hockings’ ice cream but the rest isn’t bad.
4. At 40-something I am, apparently, entering middle age. I am absolutely categorically totally fine about this. I think.
5. A couple of years ago I bought a full-length wetsuit. It ain’t pretty but it beats hypothermia.
6. After one glass of wine I begin to burble. After two I make even less sense than usual. After three I am told I become really quite funny.
7. My favourite smell is that intoxicating aroma of a freshest born baby. Maybe I should try to bottle it and make my millions.
8. I still find saying goodbye to my boys at school as hard as I did way back when. And no, it doesn’t seem to get any easier.
9. I don’t appear to be able to stand up on a surf board. Believe me, I’ve tried, but I am (according to my sons) ‘like embarrassingly rubbish’.
10. Despite efforts to the contrary, I don’t find farting funny. Or burping, or frankly any other anatomy- related events. Sorry lads, but that’s just the way it is.